Yesterday, we made the announcement about our partnership with DropMySite that allows us the ability to offer our customers their services directly through cPanel.
It’s not too often I recommend a product, but this is really cool!
DropMySite Cloud Backups
DropMySite allows you to purchase space in bulk, starting at 5GB, and then automatically sends your website files, databases, and email accounts to their secured cloud nightly.
All of the data is instantly accessed inside of your cPanel and you’re able to retain as many days as you have space for. 5GB of space is only $1.99/per month and you can upgrade all the way up to 200GB!
Restores are point-and-click through your web browser and you can restore an individual file or an entire website.
- Restore with 1-Click – Recovering your website very quickly is key to your business continuity and for this purpose we allow for unlimited restores and downloads from up to 30 backup versions. With the automated one-click restore feature, you can recreate your website and database with a single click.
- View Modified files – You can easily track any changes to your website files. As a website admin/ owner, you can verify that all file changes in the latest release are correct and ensure it has been backed up properly. Planning for rollbacks is also possible using this feature in association with selective restore feature.
- Download with 1-click – Our one-click download feature lets you access your backup anytime and anywhere. Website backups are available as zipped files using the tar format for easy migration to the new server. Users can select any backup version and download the backup files to recreate their website. Databases are backed up as database dump files. You can recreate your database within minutes using the MySQL friendly dump file format.
- Schedule backups – Schedule your backups on a daily, bi-weekly, weekly, fortnightly or on a monthly basis. Dropmysite provides you the flexibility to choose the appropriate time of day to start your backups. This ensures that our backup process does not affect the performance of your servers during the peak activity time of the day. Select the exact hour and time of the day when you want the backup to start and we will handle the rest. Dropmysite also provides you with the option to perform an on demand backup.
- Monitor Website Availability – Dropmysite allows you to monitor the uptime of your website and notifies you via email in the event of a server or network outage.
- Website Performance Reports – Dropmysite lets you analyze the response time (in msecs) of your website from around the world and view them graphically on a chart. You can monitor the performance of either a GET, POST or a HEAD request.
- Website Blacklist Monitor – Dropmysite has integrated Google’s Safe Browsing into our services. This way we will notify you if Google determines that your website contains suspected malware / or suspected phishing code and is deemed not safe for browsing by Google. This is integrated with website and database backup for faster recovery.
- Migrate Websites and databases – Migrating a website and its database could not have been easier now. Just create source and target profiles (website / databases) on Dropmysite and restore from source to target website / database.
Our techs have worked tirelessly throughout the evening and have now made Drop My Site live across ALL basic web hosting and reseller hosting accounts.
How To Order / Add To Your Account
You can easily add DropMySite to your account during the order process or existing customers can add through our Client portal:
Given there are so many features to DropMySite, look for a lot more tutorials being posted here on the blog in the coming days.
What’s the different from our backups?
Those familiar with Name Hero know we already provide nightly cPanel account backups with point-and-click restore inside of cPanel. Our complimentary backups however only contain 1 day retention.
If you’re in need of more or added piece of mind, I would highly recommend adding DropMySite.
This will give us all that added piece of mind along with that complimentary monitoring against malware.
Can I resell DropMySite to my customers?
If you have a reseller hosting account with us, DropMySite will unfortunately only cover your main cPanel account.
If you’d like to add additional cPanels, you’ll need to manually set them up.
We’re working on a solution where you can offer it to your end-users but it is not yet available.
Sleep sound tonight
Personally, for $1.99/per month I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to add this to your account.
I’m going through all of my websites tonight to ensure I have them added as I can finally get rid of manually doing it through Amazon S3 (I’m a backup nut).
If we can help you get setup anyway on your account, just let us know!
Ryan Gray is the founder and CEO of NameHero, one of the fastest growing independent web hosts in the United States. Ryan has been working online since 1998 and has over two-decades experience in Internet Entrepreneurship.
Leave a Reply