We get a lot of pre-sale questions with potential customers asking to test the speed of our network from their location.
Given our high-speed cloud with Solid State Drives, LiteSpeed Web Server, and MariaDB people from all over the world choose us as their web hosting provider.
Since we’re integrated directly with Cloudflare and their Railgun technology, international customers are actually able to achieve very high page loads from our servers based here in the United States.
Test Your Upload/Download Speed
Still yet, it’s always good to test from your own local network for latency. Therefore we’ve setup a free speed test here:
Here’s what a speed test from my location looks like:
As you can see, the speed is just blazing fast for me :).
A couple takeaways though:
- This test works best in Chrome browser
- Your local Internet Service Provider plays a big role in this (i.e. connection speed)
- I tested the above using my 1GGbps Google Fiber Connection
- If I test on my Verizon iPhone I’m around 25Mbps
One of the biggest thing you’ll notice about Name Hero is we’ve invested a lot of money into both the hardware and software the make-up our infrastructure. Technically speaking, many in the web hosting industry wouldn’t imagine using our specs for shared servers.
Therefore you should notice a substantial increase in page load if you’re moving over from one of the “big brands” such as HostGator, BlueHost, etc.
Name Hero Tools
Let me know if you have questions and don’t forget about our other helpful tools:
- DNSHero – Check the DNS health of your domain (any red is not good).
- WhatIsYourIP – Get your current IPV4 to troubleshoot network issues.
- IP Address Unblock – Unblock your IP from our firewall if site isn’t responsive.
- Name Hero Speed Test – Test our network speed and how fast our upload/downloads are from our servers.
Ryan Gray is the founder and CEO of NameHero, one of the fastest growing independent web hosts in the United States. Ryan has been working online since 1998 and has over two-decades experience in Internet Entrepreneurship.
Leave a Reply