Those that have been reading our blog for a while know how important it is to me to provide a high performing, reliable, secure, and scalable cloud infrastructure; that’s why I started NameHero in the first place.
In order to accomplish this we have to constantly evolve with the changing online world and adapt our web hosting packages accordingly.
With that said, I’m proud to announce our partnership with Imunify360 on all our Web Hosting and Reseller Hosting packages, 100% free of charge (we’ll also have an option for our VPS Hosting customers in 2019).
Imunify360 operates with a centralized incident management dashboard that contains five main features:
- Advanced Firewall – This uses herd immunity and artificial intelligence to detect new threats and stops them in real time. This is capable of defending against brute force attacks, DoS attacks, and port scans. The firewall also integrated with mod_security to dramatically enhance its usefulness. In combination with WAF, it can stop the majority of web application attacks even before they start.
- IDS / IPS – Imunify360 features an excellent Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) with a comprehensive collection of “deny” policy rules to quickly block all known attacks, especially those using a common or well-known exploit tool. The Intrusion Detection System (IDS) provides excellent visibility of server security by monitoring server logs. It scans log files from all different angles and bans IPs that show malicious signs, such as password failures, potential exploits, etc.
- Malware Detection – Imunify360 automatically scans file systems for malware injection and quarantines infected files. It will also cleanup discovered Malware injections (currently in beta). With this real-time scanning, attacks are stopped before they can ever start and you’re alerted inside of cPanel.
- Proactive Defense – Imunify360’s Proactive Defense protects websites against zero-day attacks – it stops even the malware that no scanner is able to detect.It identifies attacks on your account in real time, then blocks potentially malicious executions automatically and with zero latency. Proactive Defense uses a unique method of identifying security risks – it analyzes what scripts do rather than what is actually in the code.
- Reputation Management – Imunify360 will analyze if your site or IPs are blocked by any blacklists and notify you if they are. Your site reputation is very important. For example, if you are added to the Google blacklist as a site that distributes malware, you will be excluded from Google search results, which can be devastating for business. If you get on an RBL list as a spammer, your emails to customers might not be delivered. If you don’t proactively monitor your website’s reputation, you might not find out about blacklisting for weeks or even months, at which point the problem could become ruinous.
A New Approach To WordPress Security
Those that have experience running WordPress know how much trouble malware can cause.
From our start in 2015, we’ve been offering complimentary Malware scanning nightly, but with Imunify360 we’re able to take this to the next level, offering it in real time, along with preemptive security measures to stop attacks before they start.
It’s also important to note this shouldn’t be an excuse not to do basic WordPress/cPanel security measures such as using strong usernames/passwords and keeping all your core files, plugins, and themes updated.
Look at your website like your home.
When you good to bed at night or leave your home, you lock your door. Some doors even have a deadbolt lock.
As an added level of security, some homeowners choose to put in a security system that will alert the authorities if someone gains access while it’s activated.
To increase security even more, some homeowners will add a camera system to monitor their entry points in real time (just like Imunify360).
The more layers of security you have, the better-off your website is to avoiding malicious attacks and intrusions.
Manage Everything Inside Of cPanel
With Imunify360 there are no plugins or extra software to install on your website.
You can mange everything right inside of cPanel -> Imunify360:
From this dashboard, you can see if any Malware has been detected on your website:
If you have a false-positive, you can also add that file to the ignore list without having to submit a ticket or contact our support.
You also have a section where you can request the Malware be cleaned up (currently in beta):
Finally, you have your own Proactive Defense dashboard that will prevent potential attacks and stop them instantly or log them so you can review:
I’ve filmed a video tutorial where I explain all of this in detail and show how easily it is to use inside of cPanel:
We’re extremely happy to have such a strong security solution in place and look forward to helping you protect your website.
If you’re one of our Resellers, this is another huge selling point for your customers that they’ll also enjoy.
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know!
Ryan Gray is the founder and CEO of NameHero, one of the fastest growing independent web hosts in the United States. Ryan has been working online since 1998 and has over two-decades experience in Internet Entrepreneurship.
Drew Davis says
This is exciting. I swear I love the namehero service more and more everyday. It’s been one of the best move I’ve made for my side hustle work and clients.
Ryan Gray says
Thanks Drew! Glad you’re pleased with our services!
Imunify360 replaces a plugin like Wordfence? or should be seen as another layer of security?
Ryan Gray says
I would personally use both as a double layer of protection 😉