One of the most common support tickets we receive is help with errors related to PHP.
From increasing memory limits, to adding extensions, to upgrading to the latest and greatest versions, we realize customer need to be able to take FULL control over PHP without having to be some type of coding guru.
At NameHero we have done away with “old school” custom php.ini files and allow everything to be taken care of inside of cPanel. Regardless your hosting package with us (shared or reseller) you can take full control of PHP for your specific site.
Rather than type up a bunch of boring text, I decided to film some of the most-common PHP related issues and the exact steps how to solve them:
How To Increase Your PHP Upload/Memory Limit
Why You Would Need To Increase Your PHP Upload/Memory Limit:
- Getting memory exhausted errors on your website
- Website loads the “blank” white page of “death”
- WordPress plugin(s) don’t function
- Cannot upload images/media inside of WordPress
- Cannot upload certain files
How To Change Your PHP Version
Why You Would Need To Change Your PHP Version
- You’re wanting to test the latest version of PHP for performance
- You are running outdated scripts that only work with older versions of PHP (not recommended)
- You are developing software and want to see how it performs on different versions
- Software you’re using requires a particular version of PHP
How To Add PHP Extensions
Why You Would Need To Add PHP Extensions
- PHP Scripts you’re using on your website require them (most common)
- You need to activate Ioncube loader on your website
- You need to use a particular extension such as PDO, mcrypt, mbstring, regex, etc.
- You need to remove an extension such as suhosin or OPCache
As always, our team is available 24x7x365 via telephone, live chat, and our support ticket desk to assist you with any issues you may have! Also, feel free to leave comments below!