For those of you that have ran any amount of traffic before understand how big of an asset (or pain in the butt) an affiliate manager can be. Over the last seven years I’ve seen it all… Some really excellent affiliate managers that have allowed me to scale where I am today and some that are just plain out terrible. Honestly, I wonder how some of them stay in business.
A couple of things I hate:
- The account manager that constantly pitches you offers on AOL IM or SKYPE.
- The account manager that sends you the default, boring top offer sheet every Monday.
- The account manager that is never available or responsive.
- The account manager that sends pure crap, offers that wouldn’t convert if you filled them out yourself.
A couple of things I like:
- An account manager that gets to personally know you, your business, and the type of traffic you’re able to run.
- An account manager that is available ALL days and hours of the week.
- An account manager that you can trust and ask for suggestions.
- An account manager that emails actively, with personalization, and useful tips to good converting offers.
A couple of months ago I went to a “big name” network out there and asked for a vertical of offers. Not only was I presented with a list of crap offers, they were completely un-related to my vertical and traffic channel. Not only did I not run anything, I deleted that affiliate account!
At Revived Media we do things a lot different. Each one of our account managers are seasoned Internet Marketing veteran team members that are also active in the IMGrind.com Private Community. We don’t want you to look at us as your “manager” rather an asset that’s going to work with you to scale your business to the next level. We’re constantly working with you to ensure you’re scaling to your fullest potential and have the most quality offers at your disposal. Our team members aren’t just skilled in affiliate marketing, they also understand our strict and aggressive approach to business development eliminating all the crap you may find elsewhere.
What do YOU like in an affiliate manager? Have you been annoyed or ignored before? I have and it stinks. One reason why we’re only opening up to 50 publishers, is to ensure each and everyone of them are able to actively run and develop trust and loyalty with their manager.
Ryan Gray is the founder and CEO of NameHero, one of the fastest growing independent web hosts in the United States. Ryan has been working online since 1998 and has over two-decades experience in Internet Entrepreneurship.