Looking for an effective way to manage multiple WordPress websites?
Several of our customers have reached out asking for help using the ManageWP platform.
I decided it’d be great to feature them on our blog to show other users how quick and easy they are to setup as well as the main benefits to managing your WordPress website with them.
Who Is ManageWP?
ManageWP is a platform that allows users to manage multiple WordPress website efficiently. This includes updating, backing up, and daily management such as comment approvals and visitor analytics. It was bootstrapped by Vladimir Prelovac back in 2012 and now they tout over 280,000 websites under management.
Quick And Easy Signup
One of the best things about their sign-up process is, its quick, easy, and free.
To get started you just need to enter your email address and then begin setting up your profile.
Once that’s completed, ManageWP is all installed and you’ll be directed to their Dashboard where you can begin managing your WordPress installation(s).
I’m a big fan of their dashboard as it’s extremely clean and covers the most important aspects of your WordPress installation:
As you can see, you can quickly manage:
- Updates – The most critical thing to keep your WordPress installation(s) secure. Run updates the moment they come out!
- Optimization – Quickly optimize Spam comments and Post revisions. Both of these are huge disk space and resource wasters!
- Backups – Create and store off site backups for up to 250,000 files for free. Point and click restore at anytime (pretty awesome).
- Analytics – Easily view the visitors to your website and connect your Google Analytics for more precise information.
- Comments – Approve pending comments right from the dashboard.
- Uptime Monitor – A premium plugin for $1/month. I personally use Pingdom, but this could be a nice option in the future.
- Notes – Keep track of notes for your WordPress website (i.e. when to update).
- SEO – Keep track of your search engine rankings for $1/month.
ManageWP Video Tutorial
I decided to film a quick video tutorial to dive through ManageWP and explore their features:
Main ManageWP Benefits
Personally, I’ve been looking for quite sometime for something like this to recommend to our customers.
There are a lot of multi-site WordPress management plugins out there, but a lot of them are backed by really crappy support and can use a ton of server resources.
ManageWP being offered as a software as a service doesn’t require you to install any software (besides their worker plugin) and is the easiest solution I’ve ever seen to help you keep your website updated, backed-up, as well as manage you day-to-day tasks.
I have to give it five out of five stars are will certainly be recommending it across our hosting platform. Kudos to Vladimir and his team!
Ryan Gray is the founder and CEO of NameHero, one of the fastest growing independent web hosts in the United States. Ryan has been working online since 1998 and has over two-decades experience in Internet Entrepreneurship.