We’re proud to announce our Managed Cloud Dedicated Servers are ready to go! For $1.61 a day you can have your own dedicated cloud instance that has high speed solid state drive disk space, 4GB of RAM, and 5TB of monthly bandwidth. Those that are looking to run a high performance application or a website with a lot of traffic – deals don’t get much better than this.
All of our Managed Cloud Dedicated Servers are built in real time and can also be scaled in a matter of minutes.
To get started:
1) Click “Deploy” on the Managed Cloud Dedicated Server you wish to build
2) Enter details about your server. Please double check for typos as this information is used to build your configuration files. Also, make sure to enter a strong root password:
3) Configure additional options. By default our servers come with 2 IP addresses and 5TB of monthly outgoing bandwidth (incoming is free). If you need more, select during this step. Also, we highly recommend at least enabling backups for 1 day for safety:
4) Consider add-ons. Since you are building your own dedicated server, you have the oppertunity to add additional performance features such as LiteSpeed Web Server and MariaDB. If you’re interested in having us install, configure, and manage these services for you, feel free to select them. However, you can always add them on later if you wish.
5) Finalize server and complete payment. After you’re finished all the initial configuration, double check everything and submit your payment. If everything is approved an accepted without error your server will be online within a couple of minutes.
6) Access your server control panel. Inside of Name Hero’s client management portal, you’ll want to click Services, and then click on the name of the server you created.
7) Access Web Host Manager. Once inside your main control panel you can control many important aspects of your server such as stopping and starting it. To continue with the initial setup you’ll want to click on Web Host Manager Login. Use the root password you defined during setup and the user name root:
8) Once inside of Web Host Manager you’ll want to accept the terms of service and activate the recommended add-ons such as mod_security. This keeps your server safe from threats including potential hackers.
9) Click on Basic cPanel & WHM Setup. Enter your email address as the contact information. This will dispatch important messages to you about your server that you can send to our support team if needed. After this is entered, scroll to the bottom of the page and click to Assign IP Addresses to each name server. You will then want to click the button to add an A entry for each one:
10) Register your name servers. If you registered your domain with us, then we have a tutorial on how to do that here. If not, ask your current registrar how to do that in their control panel. You can always transfer your domain to us or even register a new name with us (our prices rock) if that’s easier.
11) Back inside of Web Host Manager you want to click on Create a New Account. From here, you will enter information about your domain to set it up on the server. Step-by-step details are in the video below.
12) Point your name servers. The final step, is to login to your domain registrar (or Name Hero portal) and point your domain to your name servers (ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com). Once they propagate (normally it takes an hour but up to 24 hours) you will be live on your own high performance cloud dedicated server!
13) Enjoy the performance! If you want to skip all of this stuff and have us do it all, simply submit a ticket. We’d be more than happy to do all of this and even migrate over your current server.
Watch How To Setup Your Dedicated Server In The Cloud:
Feel free to ask questions below! We look forward to serving you!
Ryan Gray is the founder and CEO of NameHero, one of the fastest growing independent web hosts in the United States. Ryan has been working online since 1998 and has over two-decades experience in Internet Entrepreneurship.