We all know we can create some pretty amazing websites using WordPress.
But what about a web hosting company?
In a lot of my reseller hosting training I encourage beginners to use WordPress to build out their “front end” websites as is one of the easiest ways to get a professional looking website online in a relatively short period of time.
You can then use WHMCS for the “back end” so it will automate and manage all of your billing / account provisioning.
WordPress + WHMCS Tutorial
I recently teamed up with Darrel Wilson of the WordPress community to film a very detailed tutorial on how you would go about doing this.
Darrel starts by showing how to setup your front end selling website and then I come on the tutorial to teach how to integrate with the WHMCs billing system:
WHMCS Tutorial With WordPress:
- 26:30 Setting Up NameServers With WHMCS
- 34:50 WHMCS Setup Wizard
- 47:00 Enom Setup
- 55:00 General Settings For WHMCS
- 1:23:40 Email Forwarders
- 1:29:15 Domains And Pricing
- 1:38:10 Your Customer Dashboard For WHMCS
- 1:40:50 Stripe Integration With WHMCS
- 1:46:30 Setting Up Hosting Packages and Services
- 2:12:20 Creating Addons For WHMCS
- 2:32:35 Funding Enom Account
- 2:40:23 Adding A Logo And Customizations
- 2:52:15 Transferring Domains And Supports Tickets
- 3:02:15 WHMCS + WordPress
- 3:04:08 Adding A Link For WHMCS Text
If you don’t have time to watch the entire tutorial right now, make sure to download the Divi Host Child Theme, Darrel is giving away for free!
We tried to go into a lot of step-by-step detail so you can see the EXACT process from registering your domain to building your website and integrating it with your reseller hosting account.
As long as you have a basic understanding of WordPress and know how to use it, you cant follow the tutorial above and get your web hosting business online in a matter of hours.
Feel free to ask any questions below and I’ll try my best best to help you out! Enjoy!