The Cloud can sometimes be a hard thing to explain to people. With traditional web hosting you’re able to physically see the machines and hardware used to provision web hosting accounts. Since the Cloud is made up of multiple devices it can get a bit confusing how the entire process works.
We’ve put together the following infographic to further help illustrate the difference between traditional web hosting (using one physical dedicated server) vs. cloud web hosting (using unlimited servers):
Some benefits of Cloud Web Hosting:
- Highest level of website performance guaranteed by multiple servers
- Guaranteed server resources (CPU, RAM)
- Redundant data storage
- No single point of failure
- Website growth flexibility
- Lower pricing
- Resources to scale up or down depending on growth optimizing your hosting costs.
- Security guaranteed by many servers
Share this infographic with your fellow webmasters to explain the difference!
Ryan Gray is the founder and CEO of NameHero, one of the fastest growing independent web hosts in the United States. Ryan has been working online since 1998 and has over two-decades experience in Internet Entrepreneurship.