Capturing email addresses with a Facebook fan page is a creative way to attract new subscribers that are interested in your brand, product, service, niche, etc. Those of you familiar with advertising on Facebook realize how much the review team values buying an ad for one of their internal pages. Capitalize on this by setting up your optin box on your fan page and driving your traffic there.
I recommend doing this with AWeber. They have an application that plugs right into your fan page and allows you to design your web form right in their user interface. If you don’t have an account with them, I think you can register a trial account for around $1. If you don’t already have one, you’ll have to setup a fan page on Facebook. Of course it’s free and only take a few minutes.
Once your AWeber account and Facebook fan page is setup, you are ready to install the optin form following these instructions:
(1) Login to your Facebook account
(2) Navigate to the AWeber application
(3) Click ‘Add to My Page’ under the profile picture
(4) Select which page you want to add the optin box too
(5) Navigate to your page and click on Edit Info at the top
Click ‘Apps’ on the left
(6) Scroll down to the AWeber application and configure it.
(7) Once you’ve completed all those steps, the AWeber optin is installed on your fan page. If you desire, you can set that tab to be the “default” landing tab by clicking ‘Managing Permissions’ on the left side of your fan page admin and selecting it from the drop-down.
(8) Let the traffic flow begin!
Like anything else, the more creative you get with this, the more subscribers you’re going to retain. I suggest offering people something of value to retain a solid relationship! None-the-less if used correctly this is something very powerful that will help send your profits to the next level.
Ryan Gray is the founder and CEO of NameHero, one of the fastest growing independent web hosts in the United States. Ryan has been working online since 1998 and has over two-decades experience in Internet Entrepreneurship.