When I launched NameHero in 2015 I specifically saw the need to provide quality Reseller Hosting as it seems this specific segment of the industry had been forgotten about.
Over the last four years, this trend seems to continue with “larger brands” such as BlueHost discontinuing Reseller packages all together.
Why? Is Reseller Hosting a thing of the past?
If we analyze search data for the phrase “reseller hosting” from Google Trends, one might certainly think so:
But does this mean individuals and businesses are no longer developing websites? Are we going back to phone numbers and relying solely on social media?
If the above statements were true this would mean that Google, whose primary business model is indexing websites and selling advertisements based on specifics phrases, would be heading toward disaster. Let’s take a quick look at their revenue:
- Alphabet revenue for the quarter ending September 30, 2019 was $40.499B, a 20.03% increase year-over-year.
- Alphabet revenue for the twelve months ending September 30, 2019 was $155.058B, a 19.4% increase year-over-year.
- Alphabet annual revenue for 2018 was $136.819B, a 23.42% increase from 2017.
- Alphabet annual revenue for 2017 was $110.855B, a 22.8% increase from 2016.
- Alphabet annual revenue for 2016 was $90.272B, a 20.38% increase from 2015.
$155.058 Billion for 12 months ending September 30, 2019 – it doesn’t look like Larry or Sergey are going to be job hunting anytime soon!
Failure To Adapt
This is just one example to prove that websites, the Internet, is still exploding!
So if people are developing more websites now than ever – what happened to Reseller Hosting?
Personally, I believe the term is outdated. The first decade of the 2000s the majority of people seeking out “Reseller Hosting” were techies, gurus, looking to capitalize on the “dot com” explosion.
I’m speaking from experience as I was one of them!
But nowadays, in 2019, it no longer takes a “techie” or a “server guru” to develop websites for clients and provide them with quality hosting.
The majority of the “big brands” continue to offer the SAME Reseller Hosting packages as they have since 2002; they’ve failed to adapt with the times, hence are dying out.
A Different Approach
Since our launch in 2015, I’ve tried to break the stigma that it takes a “guru” to offer their clients a high-quality web hosting product. Additionally, it doesn’t take thousands of dollars to buy and maintain servers – especially with the cloud.
Over the last year alone we’ve added over 80,000+ websites to our platform which continues to compound month-over-month.
Our growth has been so substantial we had to pull back on our marketing so we could hire and train more team members just to keep up. And word-of-mouth is still spreading like a wildfire!
Our New Reseller Packages
History shows us what happens when you fail to adapt; you die. Especially in the “online world” which moves a heck of a lot faster than the “offline world.” One day something has all the buzz, the next it’s nearly forgotten about.
Therefore we’ve re-vamped our Reseller Hosting now offering four total packages with three of them including a complimentary WHMCS Starter license. (For those unfamiliar WHMCS is the leading billing and automation system for web hosts; i.e. it takes the “work” out of setting up accounts):
In addition to WHMCS, NameHero provides the following “premium” features standard:
- Free LiteSpeed – Unlike other Reseller Hosting providers, we include the LiteSpeed web server free of charge on all accounts. This means your clients will have speeds up to 20 times faster!
- US/NL Datacenters – We’ve had extraordinary growth Internationally hence have added the option to deploy all of our packages in our Netherlands datacenter.
- Solid State Drives (SSD) – A lot of leading web hosting providers still use traditional SATA hard drives by default because they are much more affordable, especially when it comes to the amount of space. Unfortunately this is at the cost of performance, hence all of our packages include Free Solid State Drives protected by Raid 10 (for redundancy).
- Free & Unlimited SSL – Last year Google Chrome, the world’s most popular Internet browser, made a huge stance on SSL by showing a “not secure” warning on websites without it. Therefore ALL of our hosting products come with Free and Unlimited SSL for all your domains and subdomains!
- Reseller Toolkit – Your customers want much more than just disk space and bandwidth! That’s why we offer features such as one-click WordPress installs/staging/updates so websites can be setup in a matter of minutes vs. days. Additionally, you can white label everything so your customers never see NameHero.
- Security Shield – Security breaches are not only bad for business, but they are a threat to the health of many companies, especially those selling products/services. Therefore we provide a comprehensive security solution to help keep all of your websites safe and secure.
- Superhero Features – This is what sets us apart from the “other guys.” Reseller hosting packages loaded with all the features you need backed by 99.9% SERVER uptime and 24x7x365 Superhero Support. We place people above profits and work everyday on gaining trust. Read our reviews to see what our customers have to say!
Much More To Come
In addition to our new Reseller Hosting packages, I’m working on updating all of our training content to ensure all of our customers are fully educated so they can make the most out of their account.
As stated above, you don’t have to be a techie or server guru to resell web hosting in 2019. I frequently say, it’s so easy, even my dad can do it!
We’re also very close to releasing our Cloud Reseller platform that even simplifies things more for those that don’t want to hassle with setting up their own website to resell hosting.
Ryan Gray is the founder and CEO of NameHero, one of the fastest growing independent web hosts in the United States. Ryan has been working online since 1998 and has over two-decades experience in Internet Entrepreneurship.