Most web host resellers want to have their own Private Name Servers setup so their service is completely white-labeled. Over 98% of our current active Reseller clients have these setup so we felt it was necessary to do a quick tutorial complete with a video.
Web development, marketing, and numerous other agencies seek to Name Hero's Reseller Cloud to provide their customers with necessary storage on our high performance, reliable cloud. To setup your Private Name Servers follow these steps:
1. Verify Servers: Login to Web Host Manager and click on Basic cPanel & WHM Setup:
2. Register Name Servers: These are the name servers the system has automatically assigned for you. To activate them you must register them at the domain registrar that provides you service. You can also transfer your domain to Name Hero to use us as your registrar.
From your Name Hero control panel, click the drop down menu and select Register Nameservers:
3. Enter Name Server IPs: By default your name servers are going to be NS1.YOURDOMAIN.COM with IP 220.127.116.11 and NS2.YOURDOMAIN.COM with IP 18.104.22.168. If you have ordered a dedicated IP or an additional IP address, you will use those instead. Simply enter those in the form:
After you enter the first, click save, and then repeat for the second one.
4. Change Your Domain's Name Servers: Next you need to make sure the domain name you used for your Reseller account is using the custom name servers. Once again, this is an edit you have to make where the name is registered. If using Name Hero as your registrar (highly recommend), simply navigate to back to your domain control panel and click on Name Servers. Enter the Name Server 1 and 2 you just created:
Click Change Nameservers to save.
5. Verify Your Settings: Simply navigate to http://intodns.com/YOURDOMAIN.COM to make sure everything is working correctly. If you see any red on this report, feel free to reach out to our support team to help you fix the issue.
6. Wait For Propagation: If you are in the United States, DNS propagation is pretty quick. Typically within an hour or so your website will be online and ready to go. If you're an international customer it may take up to 24 - 48 hours for things to be live on your end. Some things to speed up this process include flushing your local DNS cache.
How To Setup Private Name Servers:
As always, if you have any questions/concerns, let us know below or submit a ticket!