A nameserver is a specialized server on the Internet that handles queries or questions from your local computer, about the location of a domain name's various services.
A great simple way to think about nameservers is using a phone book analogy. If you were trying to call NameHero.com you might have remembered our phone number, but more than likely you'd want to look it up before just guessing at numbers.
This same story is also true for the Internet and domain names. As an example you're reading this article right now on our NameHero.com domain name.
Here at NameHero.com, we allow customers that registered domain names through us to register their own nameservers free of charge.
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to register nameservers.
1) Login to the Name Hero Platform
2) Click the orange My Domains button.
3) Click on the domain that you wish to register the nameservers for.
In this example, we're going to select YourSupportHero.com.
4) On the domain management page, click Management Tools on your left and click Register Nameservers.
5) On the next page, fill out the fields with the values you desire. The IP Address will be assigned by NameHero.com or your host. Click Save Changes once complete.
Hero tip: You can also use this page to manage Name Servers that you've already registered.
6) Once your Nameservers are registered, you will need to modify them (See also - How to modify nameservers) on your respective domain.
- 258 Users Found This Useful
Our Domain Management Platform allows for you to seamlessly manage your domains and renew them...
Transferring .CO.UK and .UK domains are a bit different than traditional TLDs. Rather than...
A subdomain is a subsection of your website that can exist as a new website without a new domain...
Name Hero offers DNS Host Record Management for all domains registered with us. For those that...
ID Protect is a service that replaces your domain “registrant” information in the WHOIS with the...