Another successful month is in the books! As we approach the summer months, we have some hot new features live at NameHero to enhance your experience with us!
99.9% Uptime Monitoring
Recently I was asked about how we monitor for uptime.
Given our 99.9% uptime claims, many are curious as to how we get this number and handle such events when when run into trouble on our network.
To help explain this process, I've typed up a post where I go into detail about how our monitoring department works and our policies to handle network events as they arise.
It's also important to note, we're working on an important monitoring upgrade as we speak; so be on the lookout for that announcement soon!
Patchman Arrives At NameHero
We're proud to announce a new partnership with the fine folks over at Patchman!
- Patch known security vulnerabilities - Patchman scans each account daily looking for known security vulnerabilities. If it discovers one, it will automatically patch it and send you an email notification to let you know. If you're a Reseller, it will also do this for your customers, but the notification will be sent directly to you.
- Scan and quarantine malware/malicious files - During Patchman's daily scan it also looks for any known malicious files (i.e. Malware). If detected, it will place those in quarantine and also send you an email notification. Once again, if you're a Reseller, it will scan your customers' accounts, but will send the notification directly to you.
These notifications are extremely important and should not be ignored.
If you're getting these, this essentially means you have an account that could potentially be compromised. The notification email will provide instructions on how you should handle the situation.
If you're running software such as WordPress, you should ensure you're using the latest version, and if not, you should make plans to upgrade as soon as possible. Additionally, when you receive such a notification, it's a good opportunity to secure your account by updating your passwords to strong ones.
We Offer Dynamic Caching For FREE!
Did you know many web hosts in the industry charge a premium for Dynamic Caching?
In recent years you've likely seen other web hosts begin to offer "Managed" WordPress Hosting.
Essentially, this is a way to charge a premium for a web hosting package with extra features such as Dynamic Caching.
When I started NameHero it was my goal to provide everything you need in one affordable web hosting package.
Why pay another company a premium to have a feature that should be included free?
1,000,000+ Views On YouTube
We hit a very important milestone in April; our Official YouTube Channel has officially reached 1,000,000+ Views!
This milestone is all thanks to our loyal customers and followers; THANK YOU!
Since late 2014 I wanted a way I could communicate with our customers on a more personal basis. While it would be physically impossible to connect with each of our customers on the phone, I chose YouTube as the medium to do so.
If you haven't subscribed yet, I would highly recommend it!
Regardless what you're using NameHero for, you'll find videos that will be helpful for your business. This is also an opportunity to interact with me personally, as I'm very active in the comment section.
We look forward to continue growing this social channel with you all!
Startup Blog Recap
Our Startup Hero blog remained active throughout April, here's a quick recap:
- Fix Mobile Usability Issues Caused By robots.txt
- How We Monitor For Uptime At NameHero
- The Best WordPress Table Plugin (For Now)
- How To Put An Image In The WordPress Title
- How To Enable Dynamic Caching On NameHero
- Patchman Arrives At NameHero: Automatic Vulnerability Patching
- Why AMP Pages Might Be A Bad Idea For Your Site
- How To Prevent Bots From Hammering Your Login Page
- How To Register A Domain Name For Your Child
- Can You Still Make Money With Reseller Hosting In 2019?
- Say Goodbye To Getting Locked Out With WordPress 5.2
- 2 Approaches To Keep WordPress Free Of Malware
- Patch WordPress Without Upgrading Using NameHero
- NameHero’s Official YouTube Channel Crosses 1,000,000+ Views
We're Here To Help!
On behalf of our entire team at NameHero, we want to sincerely thank you for your business and trust you place in us.
Remember, it's our goal to be of maximum service to our customers, we're here 24x7x365 to help you!
If there is ever anything we can do to make your experience working with us better, feel free to reach out!
Have an excellent month!
To YOUR Success,
Ryan & TheNameHero Team